Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Baby shortalls and matching hat



This is what I made during day 6 & 7 of KCWC and I’m just getting around to posting it now. I am very happy with how these turned out. I took my time making these and adding topstitching for extra detail. They are made from part of a man’s dress shirt. I used the same cotton for the hat and hem on the shorts.  I also added leg snaps for quick diaper changes and smaller snaps for the adjustable straps. I am thinking about adding a freezer paper stencil as well.

Friday, May 13, 2011

KCWC Day 5

unfortunately I didn't sew as much as I expected to today. Little B is not feeling well and just wants to be held by ME all day. I did finish his diaper cover from the pattern that I found at Made. It turned out great, was easy to make and is sooo cute on him. Instead of a casing around the legs I used FOE, It didn't need as much gathering as the waist did. In case your wondering I just ordered 50 yards of FOE from FOE YOUR DIAPER so you will probably see me using it a lot.
103_0458 103_0460
He is not very happy about being a model but he is still cute!

KCWC day 4

so yesterday was day 4 and I'm posting late again due to blogger issue… Anyway I completed two skirts and cut pattern pieces for a diaper cover and sun hat. I am having so much fun this week even though most of my project have not turned out right. Most are easily fixable and I'm getting lots of practice!
I made this skirt for Ashley because she loved the fabric. I used FOE on the waist band instead of a casing, but it didn't gather as much as i had hoped. It is about 2 sizes to big. Tomorrow I plan on flipping upside down and adding elastic to turn it into a tube top.

I was surfing the J crew website and found this skirt. The girls thought it was cute and it is reversible so I spent an hour or so trying to make something similar. Not sure why it took me so long when the answer was so simple but I just couldn’t figure it out at first.
103_0455 103_0452
This is what I came up with and I am very happy with it. The print side is part of  knit summer dress of mine that no longer fit after baby number three. I found the other knit fabric in my stash and it matches pretty well. Now I just have to make one more exactly the same :)

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

KCWC Day 3

It has been hard to get things done today, little B has not been napping well . Here is what I did manage to finish:
I love how these turned out. I will post a tute when I have some extra time.
FOE Skirt
IMG_0818 IMG_0813
This skirt was so easy and fast to put together. Alexa was in no mode to model it for me, I will try again tomorrow.
If I am not too tired once the little man is finally asleep I well sew up Ashley's skirt. Tomorrow more skirts and a diaper cover and cutting pieces for a sun hat.
Technorati Tags: ,,

Under construction

I am currently working on a better blog layout to make it more user friendly. Over the next couple days you will see some changes. Thanks for  reading!

KCWC Day 2

This post is a little late as today is now day 3, but better late than never. I got little B’s pants done and they turn out pretty good but could have been a bit bigger. He will probably grow out of them in a week.
anything looks cute on a baby!
The leggings for the twins didn't turn out so good. I had trouble getting the right tension with the elastic thread. First I had it too loose then too tight, I ended up putting them aside and i will finish them next week. Time to move on to skirts and dresses
I also cut pieces for a pair of shorts to make for little B
Technorati Tags: ,

Monday, May 9, 2011

Kids Clothes Week Challenge Day 1


I had a very productive hour of sewing today (well for me anyway). I  got three items cut and half finished. I may have gotten more done but it was a P.A. day so all three kids were at home with me.


This is a pair of ruched leggings I'm working on. you can find the tutorial here. this pair just needs to be ruched on the legs.


here is the second pair of leggings, I still need to add casing and elastic then ruching on legs.


and here are the pants for my son. I used a pair of pants that fit to get the pattern. They just need elastic. I was able to use a t-shirt for these since they are so small, so no hemming involved. Baby clothes are much faster to sew up.

For tomorrow I plan to finish the pants and start on skirts for the girls and shorts for the boy. I will be posting my progress for each day till the end of the week. If your not sure what KCWC is you can get the info here